From Sunday WInemakers - 'Carbonic' & 'Bambino' Nebbiolo - Adelaide Hills, SA

From Sunday WInemakers

'Carbonic' & 'Bambino' Nebbiolo - Adelaide Hills, SA

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 4.32.14 pm.png

University pals; Dave Kynaston, Sam Bowman and James Becker discovered a mutual love for wines of place, purpose and potential energy during their vinous studies at Charles Sturt University.

Bowman; a viticulturist, Becker; a winemaker and Kynaston; an importer and distributor seized the opportunity to combine forces to deliver fun, energetic and experimental wines showcasing scope of varietal.

2016 vintage saw the success of Mount Canobolas Pinot Gris treated 3 ways by the fellas; Juiced, Carbonic and Skins.

This time, a vineyard Bowman manages in the Adelaide Hills is at the centre of attention, shifting the preconceptions surrounding the 'King of Red', Nebbiolo.

  2017 From Sunday 'Carbonic' Nebbiolo  Organic Practices ** Last Few Cases Remaining!!! **  Nebbiolo from the northern Adelaide Hills at 450m elevation on brown sandy loam soils; it provides a stark contrast to the growing conditions just 10 minutes down the hill. Hand harvested in the early hours to retain freshness, 8 days carbonic maceration before an additional 2-3 weeks of wild primary fermentation in open top stainless steel, followed by full natural malolactic fermentation.  Unfined, unfiltered and 80ppm SO2 at bottling.

2017 From Sunday 'Carbonic' Nebbiolo
Organic Practices
** Last Few Cases Remaining!!! **

Nebbiolo from the northern Adelaide Hills at 450m elevation on brown sandy loam soils; it provides a stark contrast to the growing conditions just 10 minutes down the hill. Hand harvested in the early hours to retain freshness, 8 days carbonic maceration before an additional 2-3 weeks of wild primary fermentation in open top stainless steel, followed by full natural malolactic fermentation.

Unfined, unfiltered and 80ppm SO2 at bottling.

  2017 From Sunday 'Bambino' Nebbiolo  Organic Practices  Picked on the same day, from the same block. The 'Bambino' Nebbiolo sees a blend of 25% of the carbonic macerated cuvée. The remaining 75% is destemmed, crushed and left on skins for 8 days.  Treated like a Pinot Noir, the phenolic extraction is very gentle with punch downs occurring only once daily. Following wild primary and full  malolactic fermentation, the resulting wine is sent to 3rd fill French barriques on lees for 12 months until ready for bottling and blended together.  Unfined and 80ppm SO2 added at bottling.

2017 From Sunday 'Bambino' Nebbiolo
Organic Practices

Picked on the same day, from the same block. The 'Bambino' Nebbiolo sees a blend of 25% of the carbonic macerated cuvée. The remaining 75% is destemmed, crushed and left on skins for 8 days.

Treated like a Pinot Noir, the phenolic extraction is very gentle with punch downs occurring only once daily. Following wild primary and full  malolactic fermentation, the resulting wine is sent to 3rd fill French barriques on lees for 12 months until ready for bottling and blended together.

Unfined and 80ppm SO2 added at bottling.